Our third installment from the 2020 “Best of IFA” series features Vanessa Yakobson, CEO of Blo Blow Dry Bar.
Blo Blow Dry Bar is North America’s original blow dry bar. No cuts, no color: Just wash, blo, and go! Vanessa talks with Brian about her experience launching this category that didn’t previously exist. Since it’s advent, Blo Blow Dry, and the category, has seen tremendous growth across the U.S. and Canada.
Brian and Vanessa have an honest conversation about the type of balanced leadership that is necessary to ensure a healthy culture between franchisees and franchisors. Tune in to hear a fascinating discussion about leadership, risk, and the types of tools and services Vanessa and her team has developed for the Blo community.
What we talk about:
- Collaboration with franchisees
- What is Blo Blow Dry Bar and what’s exciting about it
- Reaching a hundred locations opened
- “As we’ve grown, it’s really been about responsible growth and making sure that we filled out our corporate infrastructure, that we brought the right team members in place, the right resources and supports for our franchise partners to set them up for success.” – Vanessa Yakobson
- Continual improvement in the system
- Looking at the right investment at the right time
- Defining qualities of a good leader
- Understanding the franchisees’ perspective
- Keeping good and open communication with franchisees
- Risks taken that led into the business’ defining moment
What we mention: